Caught in a downpour!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I would never change anything..."

January 9, 2010 - Hey Family, What a week it has been. I have been working all week preparing everything for the Changes. As part of my work, I buy all of the flights for the jungle changes. There are two airlines that I use, Lan Peru and Star Peru. Lan has much better service, costs a little bit more, and the guidelines for entering the planes are stricter, and we always try to use this airline because it is more trustworthy. Star is easier to get through security with copies of documents and it costs less. Every January, the Personal Secretary has a huge project of helping each foreign Missionary pay taxes for being a current resident of Peru. I have to have all of the Peruvian Resident Licenses of every foreign Missionary in the Mission. We always travel with these licenses, but right now I have all of them, so everyone is traveling on Star Peru. All I have to do is send a copy of every Passport of every foreign Missionary that will be traveling. I love my job. Just pray that everybody is allowed to get on the plane. I don’t want to lose flights. I’m praying really hard. Other than that, I think almost everything is done and ready to go. I will be sending everything out Monday morning and Change Week begins. You know how Change Week goes. It is going to fly by. I’m kind of sad because one of my best Office friends is leaving me. Elder Santiago is going home to Guatemala. I’m not going to have my friend who always sings High School Musical to me, who cheers me up when things are hectic, and who always puts a smile on my face by his fun personality. He has been such a good friend and I know that we are going to stay in contact. Other than losing a truly good friend, this week is going to be a fast, busy, and fun one. I am so excited that the house is getting done. It’s like a huge Christmas present that just keeps on giving and giving. I love hearing the new things that are going on with the house and that everyone is excited for the move. Even I am excited for the move, and I’m not even going to be there. But I am so excited to have a new house to come home to. It is going to be my once-in-a-life-time luxury present when I get home. I can’t wait to see the house and be inside of it. Please keep sending me pictures of the home’s progress. It’s fun to see it getting built step-by-step. What a blessing it will be to have a new home. I am so happy and excited! Chase, congratulations with your MDT Show. I bet it is great. Tell me what numbers you are in and what shows they are from. Don’t forget to tape the show so I can see it when I get home. And quit having dreams about me. Just kidding. I love that we all have dreams about each other. “It´s gonna be a Night to Remember” when I get home. We’re gonna party like 19(what year do they say?)…2010!!! It’ going to be so much fun.
I would never change anything for the person I am and the things that I have. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for being so blessed. I have the greatest family on earth. I am currently a Missionary and a Representative of Jesus Christ. I am getting a new home. I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in. I love to sing, dance, and act. I am a huge fan of High School Musical. I am happy and I love it. Family, know that I love you and that I wouldn’t change anything for the family that we have. We are so blessed. I felt each and every one of you present in the Temple today. We are eternally bonded together. I know that Heavenly Father is happy with the progress that we are making because He wants us to return to His presence as a family. And I know that we can do it. I love you family. Keep writing me all you want. Wish me luck in Change Week and don’t forget about me in your prayers. I love you. Take care. Love, Colyn

No comments: