Caught in a downpour!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"The Mission has been the best experience of my life"

Monday, October 18, 2010 -
I think I'm starting to get really lazy about writing home because I know that I will be home soon enough to just tell it to you. Next week will be my last week to write home. Can you believe it??? This month is just flying by. What are you guys going to be for Halloween??? What's the creative idea this year???
We had a very cool baptism this weekend. His name is Leonel Chavez Olaya. He is 18-years-old and lives with his Grandma because his family is separated. Before teaching him the Gospel, he was involved with drinking and hanging out with bad friends. He had always worn a mouth piercing, but we just taught him the Gospel and read the Book of Mormon with him. He himself had to make the change. On Saturday, I had the privilege of baptizing him. Just before starting the meeting,we were in the bathroom changing into our white clothes and we had a really good conversation. He took out his mouth piercing never to put it back in again. He has made so many changes to get to this point. He showed up yesterday dressed in a shirt and tie (given that the shirt was mine, the pants were my companion's, but he looked like a stud). He will be a Missionary in one year's time. How cool is that??? I am doing fine. This week was probably the best week of work that I have ever had in Lima. It was such a fun fast-paced week.It flew by like nothing. I have to tell you that there are many moments where I just wish the next to weeks could pass by in a flash,but I have many more moments telling myself that I don't have that much longer to put on the Missionary tag and be a full-time representative of the Church and of Jesus Christ. The Mission has been the best experience of my life...I love you Family. Love, Coco

No comments: