Caught in a downpour!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I am a Quinn. I can do hard things."

February 23, 2009 - "We had interviews with President Perez this morning. I love interviews with him because he boosts me up. He thanked me for being animated and anxious to perform the work.
This thing about Steven coming home is really sad. It is the hardest thing in the world to leave home. I have struggled with the emotions of wanting to come home a lot of times, but have continued through the tears and the trials. I know if I were not a missionary, ordained and
pre-ordained of God, I could not be here. I am witnessing things I never dreamed I would see. I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father is carrying me in His arms through this mission and will continue to do so. I put my faith in Him everyday as I leave to face the world of Peru. I leave everyday in the strength of the Lord, knowing that He is watching over and protecting not only me, but you guys as well. The mission is hard, but it is possible. President Jeffrey R. Holland told us in the Provo MTC, that it is better to be homesick than to go home. He also told us, "Don't you dare go home for yourself." Strong words and I am obeying them. There is nothing that can hold me back. I miss you guys like crazy, but I always remember the fact that
Families Are Eternal. This thought keeps me going...that after two years of being without my awesome family, I will get to live with them for eternity.
I am a Quinn. I can do hard things."

No comments: