Caught in a downpour!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5 Baptisms!!!

May 4, 2009 - "Hey Family!!! This weekend, my companion and I had 5 awesome baptisms... One was a cute, 65-year-old lady, who I love to death named Yolanda. I can't wait for us to return to Iquitos so that you can meet her. She is so kind-hearted and is so nice. We struggled getting her into the waters of baptism... She said yes on Wednesday to being baptized on Saturday. Thursday, we passed by and she said no because her family thought it was too soon, and she was going to wait until September... Friday, we had a huge dinner with her family, duck and rice, and she announced to her family that she was going to be baptized on Saturday... I baptized her and it was beautiful. After being baptized, Elder Fidler (another Gringo who is awesome) and I sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"... It was a beautiful... Sunday, I was asked by the Bishop to confirm Yolanda a member of the Church... What? I've never confirmed anyone a member of the Church, let alone in Spanish. The baptism is easy because the prayer is memorized, but in the confirmation, I had to give a blessing as well. It was an awesome experience to confrim her as well... The Spirit was awesome all this weekend... The other four baptisms were 4 cousins: Angelo and Jair, Karla and Analiz... 2 brothers, and their cousins, 2 sisters... I baptized Angelo and Karla, and was able to confirm Jair in Sacrament meeting in our other ward... It was really a completely awesome weekend."

No comments: