Caught in a downpour!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

"I am part of the best Mission on earth!"

September 26, 2009 - Hey Loving Family, This Sunday that just passed was Stake Conference and it was a huge Peruvian Stake Conference. Every Stake in Peru was gathered together in their Stake Centers and we got to see Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. Elder Holland spoke a little bit of Spanish, but then had a translator translate everything. He finished by bearing his testimony in Spanish while crying, and the Spirit was really strong. There were two Stakes that were divided in our Mission, which means that our Mission is doing great work. In the Area, we are beating all the other Missions in number of baptisms. We are just tearing it up as a Mission. Peru Lima North Mission is just getting better and better and better. Soon, we’ll be hitting an average of 300 baptisms a month. I wonder how we measure up to the rest of the Missions in the world. All I know is that I am part of the best Mission on earth. It is a beautiful Mission. I spent this whole week running back and forth to the hospital in San Isidro (by President’s House) to check on Elder Jacobo who had his operation this week for his torn ligament. He’s doing fine. Yesterday on my trip to pick him up, my chauffeur took me on the coolest route. We took the road that runs along the boardwalk of the beach… The Pacific Ocean. It was absolutely beautiful. Peru is really full of different scenery: the desert, the jungle, the woods with snow, beaches… It is a beautiful country. Maybe I should say, it’s a humble country with some beautiful sights to see. So I didn’t mind my ride yesterday. I say chauffer because I have a Member chauffeuring company that I call when I need Missionaries to be taken to certain places. I called him up yesterday; he picked me up and took me along the beach. I had my hand out the window gliding through the air, and I stuck my head out a few times to breathe in the ocean breeze. :) I just felt relaxed for a second. You guys are going to love Peru. Elder Rich is so cool. I think he sent you guys an e-mail earlier today because I left my e-mail open. :) He’s going home in less than a month and I’m going to miss him. He is my fun friend that jokes with me and takes care of me. I am laughing a lot more and I’m smiling more also. He says he’s going to be coming back with his family the second week in December. (I think this would be a good week for us to come back to Peru as a family next year, but we’ll see where life takes us.) :) So guess what? All of the Office Crew Elders are now High School Musical fans and they cannot get the songs out of their heads. There are so many moments when we all just break out into singing a song from High School Musical. (I think we are going to secretly learn a dance, film it, show it to President, and put it in the farewell video for the Missionaries that are going home. I am going to teach them “We’re All in This Together” with a little bit of “A Night to Remember.” Dancing will be our exercises in the morning.) We are all addicts. They didn’t believe that they would like it, but now they can’t get enough of it. I’ve been an addict since I saw the previews for the first High School Musical. I hope that they make a Broadway version of Senior Year so that I can try out and do it when I get back. The songs are just too awesome and the dances just make you want to learn to dance. All the Elders now want to take voice and dance lessons so they can start impressing the girls. I miss last year’s show, being Troy with Whitley. I miss Chase and his hilarious character of Ryan. I miss just putting my all into Troy. I can’t wait to get back in my groove when I get home. It’s going to be so much fun. I already have some fans (the other Elders) that are ready to buy tickets. The Office Crew Elders are too funny. We are having a fantastic time. Today for P-Day, we just hung out. We went to lunch at La Rustica, which is a nicer restaurant. I ordered raviolis with garlic bread and a frozen lemonade. It was delicious. Then we all just came back to the Offices and relaxed. One more week and we’ll be at the Second General Conference of the Mission. I can’t believe that it’s already here again. I was in Iquitos six months ago enjoying hot, sunny, beautiful weather, and now I’m basically wearing my sweater and jacket everyday. This week, I am going to hit eleven months… CRAZY!!! Time is passing like crazy. Everything is going great! Once again… Happy 15th Birthday Dallis!!! What a funny story about your Gameboy, but you’ll have to explain better about the game you got because I don’t understand what you meant, but I’m sure it is really cool. :) Oh and... Mom and Dad... Happy Anniversary!!! :) I love you guys so much and miss you even more. Don’t forget about me. I love you. Love, Coco

No comments: