Caught in a downpour!

Monday, October 5, 2009

"I know we can do it."

October 3, 2009 - Hey Family, Elder Rich is going home the 21st of October and I am super sad. (Elder Rich says he loves you all.) This month is just going to fly by and then you guys are going to be able to see him and he’ll tell you all the funny things that have happened in the last 3 months. I think the Latin companions sing all day. It just makes the day a little bit brighter. I’ve converted the Office Crew… :) I HIT 11 MONTHS THIS WEEK!!! I can’t believe it. I’m still young, but starting to get old in the Mission. It’s amazing how fast time passes when you just don’t pay attention to it. I’m just working, doing all of my Personal Secretary stuff and tearing it up. I was also able to leave this week with Elder Rich and Elder Santiago, and I taught a couple lessons. It felt good to get out of the house. I also loved getting out of the house today to go and watch General Conference. I didn’t cry when I saw Salt Lake like I did six months ago, but I did like seeing Home… Utah is just beautiful. I can’t wait to see it. Mom, I hope you had a Girl’s Night Out while all the men went to the Priesthood Session. I’m sorry that you were blessed with THREE AMAZING BOYS! But don’t worry, I´ll give you a granddaughter and then you can just go to a movie and have a Girl’s Night Out with her everyday if you want… :) I hope that you had just as fun of a night as the boys in the family. Fun experience: There is a faithful blind man in our ward who gives his testimony every Fast Sunday. After Church, I went out teaching with two young men preparing for their Missions and we found this blind man walking alone with his walker dragging along on the sidewalk. I immediately went to help him because I was worried about what could happen. Come to find out, he was going to the Bakery to buy bread. It’s something he always does alone and then goes back to his house. He has memorized how many blocks he has to travel and where he needs to turn so he is used to it. But I wasn’t going to leave him alone. Poor old blind man. I put my arm under his and just started to guide him. I told him who I was and just started having a conversation with him. We went to the Bakery and then took him back to his house. He invited us in and served us bread with Ecco (it’s like a really disgusting watered-down hot chocolate). It was great to just spend a few moments with him and learn about his faithful blind life as a Member of the Church. I think it was one of the simple miracles that I have seen that has just strengthened my testimony of the truthfulness of the Church. If a blind man can walk around alone, and share his testimony every Fast Sunday, and participate in classes, and invite the Missionaries in for bread and hot chocolate, then we can do those things that are asked of us. I’ve been thinking all day about Family Home Evening tomorrow night. I was really inspired by Elder Bednar’s talk about the Family. I was in total agreement with everything that he said. I also loved Elder Ballard’s talk in the Priesthood Session about the relationship between a Father and Son. Like I’ve said before, we have the greatest family on earth. I know that I have the two best parents on earth and I thank Heavenly Father every single day for sending me to you. I think a great theme would be the importance of Families. Share this as well in the lesson (Mom, I think you have to be the one to read it): I know that Families are Eternal. I don’t have a single doubt about it because I have felt the blessings of having a family that is centered on the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Celestial Sealing that takes place in the Temple is something real. Every time I go, I feel the reality of the bonds that are made there. I know that by the power of the Priesthood, our family is eternally sealed. From Grandpa and Grandma Quinn down to the newest baby in the family, we are all going to live together because of the righteous and true covenants that they made in the Temple. I know that this is our purpose. We are to have families, raise them in the Gospel, and return to the presence of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ together. Exaltation is not possible alone. We have to do it together. Don’t doubt in the reality of our Celestial Family. I know we are going to live together forever. Don’t doubt in the teachings of the Church. They are all true. The Church is true. Maybe the members aren’t perfect, but the Church, yes, it is true. President Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God, called by Him to teach us the things we need to gain Eternal Life. I also know that the Church was restored through a 14-year-old boy who had the faith to pray and ask of God. I know that God answers prayers and that he loves us. Please know that I love you all and miss you even more. I can’t wait to see you. Keep going strong and help each other get to the Celestial Kingdom. I know we can do it. Does that sound okay? I hope so. Well, it’s late now, so I’m think I’m gonna go to bed. I love you and will never forget about you. Take care until next week. Love, Coco

No comments: