Caught in a downpour!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"IT IS A MIRACLE!"

November 28, 2009 - 8:00 pm. - New Email.......

It’s a Miracle!!! Martha got baptized today!!! I have had a really stressful week worrying about Sister Martha. Today was the day we had set as her Baptism, and she wasn’t interviewed or anything. I left all day today to do some shopping and eat and have some fun. I entered for my first time in a Star*Bucks. Elder Steed and I bought cinnamon rolls. They were so good. We got home and I put up some Christmas lights in my room and it looks great! (I think we’re putting the Christmas Tree up tonight). :) A phone call came in at 5:20pm. It was Martha!!! I couldn’t believe it. I honestly could not believe it. God had answered my prayers. I immediately got so excited that I could hardly talk. She told me that she was calling from a public phone booth and that she would be in the Church in forty minutes for her Baptism. I was so excited. I told her we would be there waiting. I immediately called up Members and the Bishop and we got the baptismal clothes together and we headed off to the Church. We got there and waited for her arrival. She arrived safely. We immediately threw her into her baptismal interview. Wednesday, she was overstraining her wrist washing her clothes and her blankets and it really started to hurt. Come to find out she has osteoporosis and has very weak bones. She was in the hospital getting a bandage put on and couldn’t go to work since. Plus, her cell phone was hidden in a random drawer and she found it today. So everything is okay. She came to her baptism and I had the amazing privilege of baptizing her. What she didn’t realize was that her mom was in the baptism and when Martha saw her after being baptized, she broke into tears and both of them gave each other hugs. It was a very tender-hearted moment. Martha Victoria Oporto Soto was baptized the 28th of November, 2009. IT IS A MIRACLE!!! :) So everything is absolutely perfect. I am now totally relieved of my worries of Martha. The Lord answered my prayers and my tears. She was baptized today! I know that God loves us and listens to us. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father let me live this precious moment tonight. One more soul brought to the fold of God!!! I love being a Missionary! I love the Gospel! I love life! Everything is great!!! I love you all so much!!! Love you Forever! Colyn

No comments: