Caught in a downpour!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ugh.....I do not like intestines.

Hey Family!!!
YOU MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. I am so excited for you guys. I knew it was going to happen this week. I am so happy that you can all start settling down and enjoy the new home. What a blessing it is to have a new home. But I really am sthuper-duper exthited to go home to a new house. It will be so much fun to bring friends over and just hang out in a comfy and new home. I can’t wait. I’ll be inviting Elder Steed over, Elder Santiago, Elder Evans, and all of my other fun friends that I have met in the Mission. You are going to fall in love with my friends. Honestly, the Mission is awesome. I have so many good friends here and we all get along so well. I love just being around other Missionaries. There is just something about seeing other Missionaries and knowing that they are doing the exact same work, that makes the Work much easier. I like knowing that I am not the only one doing it. There are more that 50,000 of us leaving each and every day to preach the true Gospel to God’s children. How awesome is that? I love it...
So, Hermana Luna went home on Tuesday night... Can you believe it? My best friend girl in the Mission just went home. She finished her Mission this week. She called me on Tuesday night from the Offices just before going to the airport to catch her flight. She was in tears as she was saying goodbye and I was on the verge of crying, but I held myself together. I couldn’t believe that the time had already come for her to go home. It seems like yesterday that we arrived at the Peru MTC together and formed our awesome relationship. Oh my gosh. How fast the time passes by. She was crying because she was so sad that she was leaving the Mission behind and also because of the happiness of being able to go home. I told her to not forget about me and to start practicing her Canasta skills becuase we are still going to have a Canasta Tournament in November when I get home. She told me to just keep going strong and to Endure to the End. And that’s what I plan on doing. It was a really sweet phone call and I was really appreciative that she called me to say goodbye for a period of time... :) Like I told you, I have made some awesome friends here in the Mission and it is really hard to see them go...
Change Day was the 7th and I had the day completely free. We went shopping, took a nap, and just had a really relaxing day. Do you guys realize the amount of time that I have left? The time that I have left is already less than the amount of time that I was in the Offices. Can you believe it? It is going to fly by like nothing...
Interesting and fun experiences this week: I ate mondongo again, which is the intestines of different animals. This time, I ate the intestines of lamb... Ugh... I do not like intestines. I do not like intestines. I repeat: I do not like intestines. But I ate them. It is possible to eat them and I do survive it, but I sure as heck do not like them... :) I had a fun time playing volleyball with the Ward this week. My team of 6 won. That’s right. My team won... We kicked butt. The Bishop’s sweet wife was on my team along with some of the Young Men and Women. I love to play volleyball especially when everyone else knows how to play and plays well. It was actually a competition. I plan on playing again sometime soon. :) Friday night, no one else was in our house except for me and my companion so I started singing for a while. I think I sang my heart out. I sang every High School Musical song I could think of and just sang to my heart’s delight. It was nice to be able to sing full out. It always makes singing that much more fun. Singing is what keeps me motivated to just keep going strong and not forget who I am. :) (Hey, please don’t forget to send me the lyrics the the HSM songs in Spanish. I really want to be able to sing to the Peruvian people and have them understand me.) :) I love you... :)
We worked really hard this week, but ended up having a really pathetic Sunday. We found tons of new people to teach and had some success in finding really nice people. Remember that a person has to attend Church two times to be baptized. So yesterday, all of the new people needed to attend to be able to be baptized in April, but no one showed up. We went and knocked on every door inviting every one of them to Church, but no one was home. So Sunday was kind of pathetic because none of our investigators attended Church. Please pray for my investigators this week that they will be able to attend Church so that they can progress towards their baptism. I really could use your help in prayers. Thanks family.
Keep going strong and enjoy the new home. (Oh boy, how much fun you must be having...) I’ll be there some day. Just don’t forget that you have a Stud Troy Bolton All-Star Missionary serving in Peru that misses and loves his family so much...I love you guys. Take care until next week...
Love, Coco

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Susan, I don't know if Elder Quinn knows, but apparently Hermana Luna and Elder Sanchez (already returned) are engaged !!! Landon will be able to give you all the details he knows at the wedding.