Caught in a downpour!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"I just don't want to lose the Christmas Spirit."

May 3, 2010 - Hey Super Family,
I don’t have a ton to say, just that I am superdy duper excited for the phone call we are going to have on Sunday. I can’t believe that this is going to be my last phone call in the Mission. It is amazing how fast the time is passing. It seems like just yesterday, I was calling you guys on Christmas Day, just getting back from the greatest sleepover ever at President’s house. 2010 is just cruising by. And doesn’t it feel great... It feels more than great. We’ve already made it 18 Months!!! WAHOO!!! 6 Months from today, I will be arriving in the Salt Lake Airport about midday!!! We will go to lunch and just have the greatest time ever!!! Oh, I cannot wait...
Not much happened this week... We had interviews with President Pèrez. His wife came as well and it was so good to see her. :) I love Sister Pèrez. In my interview, President told me that they forgot to bring me banana muffins that Sister Pèrez always made for me and promised to bring them the next time. He told me that more that just being a Missionary to them, they consider me like a son and a good friend. I absolutely love them to death... We went to lunch after the interviews because my District won in the month of March. President and Sister Pèrez took us to El Braserito, a really fancy restaurant, and we had a fun conversation. Sister Pèrez said that when she went to check my house, that she turned on the Christmas lights that I have hanging around my bed and said that she loved it. I just don’t want to lose the Christmas Spirit. They took us back to their hotel afterward to buy ice cream, which was way fun. It was a great day, just like old times in the Offices... I got a little trunky that day... President wants me to just keep progressing and I hope that I do. I feel like I am, in my study and knowledge of the Scriptures.
We are working super hard, but not really having a ton of success. We aren’t having baptisms, and we are in the jungle. I don’t know. I feel like we are working alone. We don’t have the support we need from the members. We love them and they love us, but when it comes to working, no work is being done. I could really use your prayers to help me just keep going strong. I am not sad at all. I am super happy, but I would really like to start seeing success in my area. Please pray for me to always have the Spirit with me and that it may touch the poeple’s hearts so that they will have more desires to get baptized. I need your prayers in my behalf and in behalf of my investigators. Thanks for supporting me in all that I do. :)
I have a huge and super suprise for you guys... Our whole Zone is going to Lima today!!! We are going to fly as a Zone to Lima because Elder Gavarrett from the Seventy is coming and so we get to go see him. We are all going to fly into Lima in the nighttime and then we will come back to Pucallpa tomorrow night. Isn’t that super fun? I am so excited just to travel. I can’t wait. We 14 Missionaries are all going to travel in rhe plane together. How much fun is that going to be? It is going to be too much fun... Just pray that we will be protected in our flight... :) I am so excited!!!
I am loving the Mission. Time is passing like crazy. We are already in May... A year ago, Yolanda, my precious adopted grandma, got baptized. I haven’t heard from her since then so I am really anxious to get to Iquitos and see her along with Mishel and Anthony... I miss them, almost as much as I miss you... :)
We are still dying of hot sun and strong rainstorms down here. The rain is amazing down here. We love just getting super soaking wet... You will have to try it out when we come down to Peru. You are going to love the people, but keep preparing and improving your Spanglish so that you can speak a little down here. You will be overwhelmed and overjoyed with the love the people have down here. I can’t wait for you to meet them. Everyone is expecting me to come back in December so we better start planning now. Go get your Passports and shots and everything else taken care of. It is going to be too much fun... :) I love you so much family and cannot wait for the phone call this Sunday!!! Happy Mother’s Day Mom!!! Your oldest son’s last phone call in the Mission... :) (Oh, could you please tell Whitley “Happy Birthday” from me? She turns 19 on the 6th of May... Thanks)... I love you family. We’ll be hearing each other in a week!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!
Coco

No comments: