Caught in a downpour!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

"It was nice to be "HOME" for a second and say a prayer..."

July 13, 2010 - “We are Family!!! I got all my sisters with me… oh yeah, We are Family!!!” Hey Fam. I’m just walking along minding my business…and enjoying the Mission…
This week was Interviews and I had the awesome opportunity of being the Zone Leader that goes with President’s Wife to inspect the Missionaries’ houses. It was so much fun to go with Sister Blunck and Elder Martelo to visit the houses and have a fun talk with Sister Blunck. She is so sweet and had so many questions about the life here in Peru. She has never been to a third-world country and is still going through a little bit of the culture shock, but loving being here. She doesn’t know Spanish, so just like any Gringo, she is having to learn the language as she goes along. We had a really fun talk about our families and everything. I also had a good talk one-on-one with the new President. He is such a nice man and has so many desires to help us out as Missionaries to become better teachers of the Gospel. I also had a Temple Recommend interview with him because mine has already expired that I got before the Mission. That tells you that I have a lot of time in the Mission doesn’t it?… Let me tell you that the Temple Recommend interview was a little different, you could say easier, being a Missionary and being here in the Mission. I honestly could say yes or no to the questions without having to doubt, and I could even share my testimony because I have come to gain such a sure testimony of this Gospel. It was a really special experience and guess what? The only person that signs the Recommend other than me is President…only one interview… It is a different experience… I am excited to keep working here in the Mission with President and Sister Blunck. :)
As you guys know, I am not a huge seafood fan, but I got served seafood this week and guess what? I absolutely loved it. To start off was a soup and in the soup was fish chunks, recently-taken-out-of-the-shell oysters, a crab’s arm (the big Sebastian pinchers…), and algae (seaweed). It was a delicious soup, and I have to say that the crab was really good. I think I am starting to like the seafood and will be eating more of it when I get home… The plate was a fried fillet of fish served with a delicious creamy orange-flavored sauce. It was delightful, delicious, and delovely. Really it was one of the best meals that I have eaten in my Mission… Strange, I know, that I was able to eat seafood, but it was really good.
WE HAD A BAPTISM THIS WEEK!!! My companion baptized Ricarda Violeta Cueva Suarez. She is about 70-years-old and her husband just got baptized two weeks ago. And her husband’s sister that lives with them (72-years-old) will be getting baptized the first week of August… We are so excited for this sweet couple because in one year’s time, they are going to be able to go to the Temple to be sealed as a Celestial and Eternal Family!!! What a blessing that will be in their life… Someday, for the example they are setting as parents and grandparents, all of their family will be members of the Church. What a special thought…
Mom, don’t worry about me. Yes, I can wait to come back to Peru, but I would love to at least come back maybe just with you if the whole family isn’t able to come down (just like Elder Rich and his Mom) but I just wanted Chase to be with us because he’ll be leaving for the Mission soon after I get back… Peru has it’s heart waiting with open arms for you guys to come down…especially Pucallpa… But yes, I would love to take a vacation to Disneyworld or New York (WICKED) or Washington D.C., etc. Let me know what you decide. Just so you know, I know that they have already boughten my flight home… Can you believe that? I don’t know if you got the itinerary yet (I don’t have it), but you should be receiving it soon…Wow, that’s another reminder of how close it is getting…
Sorry that I can’t be Link in Chase’s show. It is one of the roles that I would love to play some day… I can’t wait to start singing and dancing back up again when I get home… :)
Doug Fidler? Are you serious? I love him so much. He was my Zone Leader when I went to Iquitos more than a year ago. I’m pretty sure that I sent him a Christmas card this Christmas. I don’t know if he got it, but I sure remember him. He helped me out so much in the Mission. He helped me realize that the Mssion is possible and ispired me a ton. It makes me feel good knowing that he rembemered about me after all this time…Mom, I can receive packages really fast now that I am in Lima… Please send it asap along with a big bag of midgee marshmallows and a box of rice crispies. I would like to make some homemade rice crispy treats… We have a place to cook in my house right now… :) Any other fun treats that you would like to send me will be accepted as well. (Hint…Hint…) But please don’t send a ton. You don’t need to be spending lots of money on me. Just be prepared to spoil me when I get back home…
We went to the Temple today, which was a wonderful experience. I haven’t been to the Temple in like five months because I was in the Jungle… It was nice to be “HOME” for a second and say a prayer in the Celestial Room thanking God for the amazing Family that I have, for helping me get this far in the Mission and asking Him to keep blessing us… I love the Temple!!! After going to the Temple, the Missionary couple Elder and Sister Nelson invited us all out to eat Pizza Hut Pizza. It was super good… Our Zone had a fun day… I love you guys so much!!! Say “Hi” to the dogs for me. I miss being able to play with them and lay down in bed with them… I’m sure they miss me too right? Not too long left and I’ll be playing with them in our new home… Oh I am so super excited, but I just need to keep working hard and helping out the Missionaries in my Zone… Pray for me to have strength and to receive everything I need to help them out. I love you so much Family and miss you even more…Take care.
Love, Coco

No comments: