Caught in a downpour!

Monday, August 16, 2010

"I had the privilege of baptizing them, which was so much fun."

August 16, 2010 -
My Beloved Family,
I love you so much and just want you to know that I miss you a ton. I don’t have a ton of time to write because I was doing reports for the Mission and our Zone. But I do have a fun story to tell.
The two little twin girls that we have been teaching, Ana and Samanta (8-years-old), and their older brother, Carlos (14-years-old), got baptized this Saturday. I had the privilege of baptizing them, which was so much fun. The water was freezing cold because the fonts down here don’t have heating systems, and every time that one of them went under the water and came out, they would be a little startled and would just giggle to make the cold feeling go away. It was quite a show. The mom and the dad both attended. The mom always goes with them to Church and supports them in everything. The dad supports them in everything, but because of work and studies, isn’t able to do everything that he would like to with his wife and kids. But he put aside the time and arranged his schedule well enough to be able to attend their baptism and it turned out great. They still need to get married, but I know that God will help them do that, and that soon the whole family will be members. What a special family. (Ana Luz Saucedo Toledo, Samanta Alicia Saucedo Toledo, and Carlos Orlando Saucedo Toledo).
We also had a good American Homemade French Toast with Bacon and Scrambled Egg Breakfast as a Zone made by the Missionary Couple Elder and Sister Nelson. It is so much fun to have them in our Zone because they really do spoil us. I love having them because they just make us laugh and keep us going every time that we see them…
We had Zone Leader Conference this week and it was super fun. I sang with Elder Steed all of the songs that we used to sing when we were in the Offices together because this is his last change. We can’t believe how fast time has flown by.
Chase got skunked??? HAHAHA. That is hilarious. I love you bud. Heather Rimmasch is getting married??? I hope Grandma and Grandpa Olsen are doing good? Is Grandpa doing okay? I got a package from Mindy Olsen this week. She sent me a picture of Rachel’s wedding with two Libros de Mormón (Books of Mormon) with her testimony translated in Spanish to give to two special people. What a sweet package. She said that she constantly checks the blog and loves knowing that she has a nephew in the Mission…Tell her thanks for me because I don’t know if I’ll be able to send a thank you letter. Let her know that I got the package and that it will be put to special use and that I appreciate her thoughtfulness in thinking of me! I love you Family and miss you even more. Take care.
Love, Coco

No comments: