Caught in a downpour!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

"What a blessing it is to find yourself in that room"

August 1, 2009 - Hey Family, How’s everything going? Sounds like we all had a busy week. I love working in the Offices because I kind of feel like I am at Dad’s work… Everyone has their office; there is a meeting room; we all have lunch together. I am like the person found at the front desk. I love it… This week was changes. As Personal Secretary, I am in charge of getting all the Missionaries where they need to go. Tuesday night I sent all of the Missionaries who finished their missions to their homes. Wednesday was change day and I had people flying off to the jungle in the morning and then had to receive the Missionaries arriving from the jungle. I was in charge of getting lunch to all the Missionaries, taking care of their suitcases, making sure everyone had their new companion and knew where they were supposed to go, and keeping everything in order. Then Thursday was the Zone Leader Conference here in the Offices. As Secretaries, we were invited to sit in the Conference as well and learn. By the time we leave the Offices, President Pérez wants us to be prepared to be Zone Leaders. It was a very spiritual conference that lasted all day long. I had a short time given to me to share a powerpoint I made about the things that I need the Zone Leaders to do for me. It was such a busy week, and I am thankful for that. Our goal this month of August is to have 6 baptisms for each companionship. To achieve this goal, the Assistants came up with the idea of each companion putting 3 rocks in their pocket. As we walk, we feel the weight and uncomfortableness of the rocks… a constant reminder of our goal for August. In the Zone Conference, President Pérez asked me to say the prayer, which the whole Mission did at noon that day. I was shocked that he would ask me, and also a little afraid because I was in front of the leaders of the Mission. But I did it, and was very grateful for that chance. I asked that Heavenly Father would just watch over us and keep us going, and help us stay focused on our goal. With each baptism, we are allowed to take out one of the rocks and put it in a jar that each zone has. We are praying to have the success we want. I really like the relationship that I have with President and I feel like it is getting even better. I learn so much from him because he has a great knowledge of the Gospel. I am so glad to hear that everything is going great at home. I’m glad that everything went great with the move. What a cool opportunity you all had to go to new Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We are so blessed to have Temples so close to us. Here, it is a little bit of travel to get to the Temple, and even longer if you are in the jungle. The people that live there are lucky if they get to go to the Temple once every year, and it is a huge sacrifice to be able to go. I think that the Temple is a huge symbol of sacrifice. Dallis and Chase, you probably don’t understand the importance of the Celestial Room, but just know what a blessing it is to find yourself in that room. I love going to the Temple and just being able to sit in the Celestial Room. I always say a prayer asking for special blessings for my awesome family, and it is a great place to feel the love that God has for each one of us. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and that he wants the best for us. He has honestly blessed our family so much. We are and always will be an Eternal Family, linked in bonds here on earth and in Heaven. This knowledge always reminds me that even though I am so far away from home, I am still so close because we will never be separated. We are going to live together forever. I love you guys so much and miss you as well. Never forget the reality that we are a Celestial Family. I love you. Take care until next week… Love, Colyn

No comments: