Caught in a downpour!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

"WOW"

August 8, 2009 -
Hey Best Family on Earth,
All I can say is “Wow.” Did you even feel this week go by? I cannot believe how fast this week went by. I am still shocked that it is already Saturday and I am writing home again. I almost feel like I don’t have anything to tell you because this week went by so fast. Working here in The Offices is so much fun. I love spending the day here with six Missionaries and at times President Pérez.I absolutely love my work here. I work with all of the Missionaries, and I am sure that I will have every single one of their names and faces down by the time I leave The Offices. I also work with the Doctor of the Area, Doctor Drake. Like Mom would say, “He is a darling man.” He really is. He and his sweet wife are so fun to talk with and they take such good care of the Missionaries. They have served four missions together. Dr. Drake has been Area Doctor of three missions, and was President of the Reno Nevada Temple. They are finishing their mission here in Peru this change, and are already ready to hand in their papers to go out again on another mission. They say that they miss seeing the kids and the grandkids, but they know that they receive many more blessings by serving the Lord. They are an awesome couple. I could honestly just sit down all day and talk with them and never get bored. I hope one day to meet with them again.I think we were all in awe that the house sold so fast. What a good neighborhood the new family is moving into. Are they members? It’s okay if they’re not...we’ll just have to convert them… Just kidding. But it really would be a blessing to have members move in and keep that ward going… Mom, what a sweet story of Sister Homer and Sister Mickelsen. We have too many terrific friends there, but don’t worry; we will all be living together again in the Celestial Kingdom for Eternity. This is what I have to tell all of my converts when I leave an area, and I cry every time that I say it because I am so close to them. I have to tell them that if by chance we are not able to meet again, we will be seeing each other in the Eternities because they have been baptized in the only true Church of God. It tugs at my heart strings to have to say this to them, but when the Lord says it’s time to leave an area, you have to obey. The hardest person to say this to so far was Yolanda from Iquitos. She is so sweet and loving that I cannot explain it to you guys through an e-mail. I have to tell it to you in words, and I cannot wait for you to meet her. I have adopted her as another grandma. I call her “abuelita” and she calls me “nietito,” or grandson. I am absolutely in love with her and her family. You will all fall instantly in love with her when you meet her; I’m sure of it. Oh, I cannot wait until we come to Peru as a family. I am hoping that in a year I am able to go to the Temple with her to receive her endowments. Her husband died about a year-and-a-half ago, and I want to do the work for him so that Yolanda can be sealed to him in the Temple. It would be an awesome experience. Maybe she won’t do it until we all come back to Peru and we could all help her with her Temple work. That would be awesome. I am perfectly fine… Keep me updated on the Missionaries that are returning and leaving. I love hearing where they are. Never forget that we have the most amazing family on earth. I love you guys so much and cannot wait to be with you. I love you all so much.
Love you forever, Coco

No comments: