Caught in a downpour!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy 20th to Coco!!!!!!

August 29, 2009 -
Hey Unforgettable Family,
Happy Birthday to…ME!!! Can you believe it? It’s already my Birthday. I am turning 20 this week. Wow. I’m getting old… No, I’m just growing up a little bit. And today, I hit 10 Months. Time is just passing like crazy. I really don’t feel like I’m 20-years-old. I’ve been thinking about what I would like to get for my Birthday, and I think I already got it because… I GOT A PACKAGE THIS WEEK! !! :) I received it Monday while we were all here working, and I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to open it. Elder Rich told me to give all the birthday stuff to Sister Pérez and she will make the cake and get everything ready for a party. I am also way excited for whatever is in the package I can’t open until my 1-year mark. I can’t wait to find out what it is… Again, thank you so much for making my day… I have the best family on earth.
We didn’t show up late to the Talent Show. We showed up on time; it just started an hour-and-a-half late. It’s just the way things are down here in Peru…everything behind schedule, and a little slow… :) But I love it… We sang the EFY Medley in Spanish with some other Missionaries from our zone. I played the piano and I recorded it with my tape recorder. It didn’t turn out great, but I do have some evidence of what we tried to do… But, by far, my favorite part that I saw was the cute little Primary kids dancing. I filmed it, so you’ll get to see it as well…This week wasn’t a good week of getting out and teaching because my companion is broken. By that, I mean that I have to be with him, or we have to find two members, one that can stay with my companion, and another that can leave with me. And it’s really hard to find two members that can help us out during the daytime. But, when I am not able to leave, I just do my Personal Secretary stuff and I am improving a lot of things. Elder Rich told me yesterday that President complimented about me. He told Elder Rich that I have good motivation and am a hard worker, and that I am only wanting the best for the mission … That’s exactly what I want to do. I hope that’s all I do is improve and progress. In the Offices, there are four Secretaries and two Assistants to President. I am the Personal Secretary. My companion, Elder Sandoval, is the Supplies Secretary. Elder Doza is the Registry Secretary, Elder Steed is the Financial Secretary, and Elder Rich along with Elder Santiago are the Assistants. All six of us work here and we live together. The Offices are on the first floor, and our house in on the second floor. It is such a fun environment to be constantly surrounded by a good group of hard-working Missionaries. The time just flies by being able to talk the day away with them. We work hard, but we also have a ton of fun, and I am always happy. I absolutely love being here in the Offices…
Yesterday was the last day I got to talk with Doctor Drake and his sweet wife. They are finishing their mission this Tuesday. I took a picture with them and also wrote down their e-mail so that I can stay in contact with them. They say that they have Missionary reunions all of the time and love seeing their Missionaries. Sorry this e-mail is a little scattered and not as well-written as I usually write. Ms. Kinzer would be a little disappointed… :) Speaking of Ms. Kinzer, Chase, have a ton of fun in her class. She’s expecting a lot from you. Just keep the Quinn reputation high… :) I can’t believe school has already started. The time is going past even faster being busy with homework and after-school activities. We won’t even realize it and I’ll have been out a year. Chase, good luck with Les Mis and Senior Class Officer. You are already a Superstar!!! Dallis, have fun with baseball and being with Sra. Denney. You are such a Stud!!! Mom and Dad, good luck with finding the house. Just keep praying and we’ll find the perfect house… Thank you once again for the special Birthday package. Have an amazing week. I love you all and miss you so much. Love, Coco

1 comment:

Jason and Whitney Powell said...

Happy 20th to Colyn! I cant believe its his 20th birthday!